Wednesday 16 March 2011

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

Hi. Me again. You know, the bloke who was moaning about not being able to get at money that's sitting around with his name on not two hours ago. I ended that post with the news that I was going down to the tax office to try and " 'ave it aat" with them.

That went well. My request/ obligatory confusingly worded form has been submitted, a polite gesture akin to saying "Hello, excuse me, that money over there with my name on? Yes, that reasonably moderate pile? Well, could I have it?".

The problem is the lady who works there, who was very helpful, informed me that it could take up to three months before I hear anything. Lovely stuff. So once again it's been dangled just above my reach and then hidden in a see-through box.



It's not that I haven't expected to be poor. I'm doing an English Literature and Creative Writing degree, clearly I have to accept that at some point I may end up in a doorway with a bowler hat and the toes of my boots missing. I just didn't expect it to be while I was still studying for that degree. Perhaps I was naive.

Still irritates me though.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Post a Comment