Tuesday 19 July 2011

Ein experimenten- Ze varied wunderbar effects of having nuzzing to do after university

It's great how different people have reacted to the sudden lack of grounding that is our release from the woes of higher education. I should state in this first paragraph that all of these following observations have been made by myself in both real life and, unfortunately, through the great universally accepted spy-network Facebook , on which I have spent a fair deal of time after my sudden casting out from the coop and into the great open sky.

There are, largely, two camps. Those who do and those who are perfectly happy not to do anything at all. And they hack me off no end. How can people do nada?

The cardinal sin, and I'm sorry to say that a few of my friends have taken to committing this one, is updating the world with your every thought, feeling, mood change, minor mundane mishap and planned activity over the evil that is Facebook.

Myself? I've been looking for jobs, writing, reading,creating blog posts, creating a LinkedIn profile like a professional busy body, and riding a tram along the road to recovery. I'm almost at the junction between settled down and eating properly, you'll be glad to hear. You will, bcause I'm telling you. If you're not happy about my Lazarus-esque recuperation then I will hunt you down and inflict it on you.

I've recently been bedridden due to crippling gastrointestinal pain, irregular movements, consistencies and generally discovering a new state of matter in the toilet bowl somewhere in between plasma and solids in my toilet boil. Therefore, I have at least a small amount of ability to identify with those who do nothing all day. I think within another week I would have murdered myself or at least hacked off a leg to make things a bit of a challenge hobbling to the loo just for something to do. There is only so much TV that can be watched and tolerated, even in this day and age with all the channels available and no excuse not to watch soemthing intelligent. There is only so much Numb3rs, James May engineering awesomeness, Chuck, Luther etc that a mind can take.

To quote Mr Holmes, "my mind rebels at stagnation".

No comments:

Post a Comment