Sunday 21 November 2010

Who's the more lonely- the man on his own, or the man in a crowd?

One of the many things I despise on the internet is cries for help from pathetic people who attach themselves to their computers 24 hours a day and live vicariously through their keyboard and the amount of people who comment on their desperate calls for attention about how shit they are at cooking or whatever.

This isn't one of those. I hope. If it is, you all have permission to hate me with the same zeal I have for the aformentioned members of mankind.

I had a reading week recently. It has taken my time management and the demands upon my time down, temporarily, from "so busy I cannot speak to someone if they are not walking with me because of the eventual Doppler effect" and "constantly forgetting to do good things like eat" to "busy enough to realise nothing I do is really worth anything" and "just free enough to spend hours being all introspective and whatnot."

My housemates are all involved with people, as far as I can tell. And the one I was unsure about due to recent events was confirmed today- at least, if the bedroom wasn't a-rocking because of that while I was trying to watch Wire In The Blood, frankly I don't want to know what was going on.

And hence I draw this short post to a close, akcnowledging that I am, in a way lonely. Following my last post about surviving uni without going mad and buggering your degree, I'd like to add a last piece of advice- don't busy yourself to the point where brief hellos with housemates or people you pass on campus are the only interactions you have. It's not nice.

I'd like to agree with two quotes from one of the (pathetically) best sources of wisdom I have, J.D. from Scrubs. "I don't think people are meant to be by themselves. That's why if you actually find someone you care about, it's important to let go of the little things. Even if you can't let go all the way. Because nothing sucks more then feeling all alone, no matter how many people are around."

"How do I know all of this? Because no one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn’t having it."

No comments:

Post a Comment