Tuesday 1 November 2011

The November Experiment- see you on the other side

So I graduated a few months ago, I've got around to the pay-off of weeks of soul destroying job hunting and a naff unpaid placement in the form of a pretty sweet job, and I'm starting to plan properly a trip somewhere abroad which I've had in mind for ages to take place next year.

Things are looking up and up. And tonight sees the end of October. It heralds the beginning of November. A month in which two organised, month-long events are held which I have, in the past, ignored or shied away from as taking up too much time or being "not for me". Well, no more. As of tomorrow I'm correcting the imbalance of writing I've been doing by embarking on NaNoWriMo.

I'm also shaving my beard and 'tache off, for the reason of getting a clean slate for Movember. From that blank canvas a mighty handlebar shall grow. I may end up looking like Rufus Hound. Or being beaten up.

If I'm not dead from trying to write a novel in a month or from attackers objecting to the facial hair I shall cultivate, I'll see you on the other side.

Also, you can check up on the writing here- http://www.nanowrimo.org/, searching for CJMK2

and can donate to the cause for prostate and testicular cancer research here- http://mobro.co/ChrisHousden. Please give, even a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment