Sunday 6 June 2010

Hectic hiatuses all round...

So, this whole 'regular' idea went right down the pan.

I've only got myself to blame, I suppose, but being sans laptop recently got me into a habit of not really, well, using a laptop. So I've not been as on the ball.

I also had a friend from home to stay, which was great. The lovely Miss Gemma Davies, who I shall curse for evermore as she gets to see Florence and The Machine thanks to her uni and I don't.



Thanks to her I slept on the floor for a few days (surprisingly comfy, and peaceful), but also had a great weekend and a good catchup. All of which meant that absolutely no writing got done- the schedule went out of the window!

Things that I learned this weekend, though, thanks to Gemma's wisdom-

1. Apparently people up here drink far too much. More than people at uni in Kent. I say she's hanging around with the wrong people. Or I am. Either way, for the sharp rise in my drinking habits I have two men to thank- Mr Robert Higson Esq. and myself.

2. "I don't remember you ever being this popular in school."
Apparently people up here are so used to freaks they've even learned to accept me. Sorted. Either that or people down South were blind to my obvious beauty and exuberant talent. I don't know which is which. All I know is that to an outsider I looked like the King of Men. (I think Gemma needs some perspective, but there we are).

3. No matter what point you are trying to make, if you use Star Wars as an example the shit will literally get ripped out of you.
Enough said.

Things I saw which made me amazed-

A Yamaha Virago. Twice. Different ones.

One was right outside my window.



It's been added to my dream garage. One day, I will have one.

I've also re-fallen in love with the Spaghetti Western Orchestra. You guys should all give them a listen.

Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment