Sunday 2 May 2010

Piss-up in a brewery, plagues of pages and the son of Odin.

So, this week has been fun. For the first time in university education, I decided not to leave everything to the last minute. Not to bore you with the details, but 25000 words were due from me at the end of last week through different bits of coursework.



I started early, spending weeks working on my Portfolios for my writing course.
Problem is, I'm never happy with what I've written. The result of this? Let's just say for over five days I had eleven hours sleep. Eight hours of this was produced by the drunken stupor I plummeted into after going to an absolutely cracking brewery tour. With free beer and the policy of "pull your own pints". It meant that I ate different malts, crushed hops and drank a lot, including a limited run beer brewed for a single pub that won't be around far or for long called Midas Touch. It was a tad naff, but hey, not many people will be able to say they've had some.

Living up to this blog's name, though, I think perhaps half of all this year's deforestation could have been down to me over the last few days. My room did at one point look like the recent Lib Dem broadcast. If that weren't enough, I was told by my flatmate that the perverted art students (the studios are perhaps ten metres opposite our building) took advantage of the fact that I was exhausted and overheating with fatigue by snapping pics of me with no shirt on. Somewhere in Lancaster there are candid semi-nudes of me. Great.

All in all, I've had a good week. Everything, more or less, handed in on time. Elections for the society exec officers for the uni's writing society were held, I was elected as President for next year. Big plans are afoot. And I've had two great nights out in a row, with a barbeque planned for tomorrow.

On the plus side still my geek was well and truly stroked this week with the knowledge that Iron Man 2 is here, and then... well, then there was this-



I mean, how great does this look? I've been following the Marvel film franchise as eagerly as a dog chasing a car with a bitch's rear painted on its back bumper, but I was genuinely worried that they costumes would ruin the 'genuine world' vibe that the studio seems to be going for. Thank God they took the gritty, this could be real approach from Iron Man (although, it really lends itself there to the point where Iron Man couldn't be done with spandex) and applied it to Thor. Let's just hope they don't bloody spandex-ify Captain America and get him right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment