Saturday 22 May 2010

The sunshine season tames the Demon

That's right, it's sunny. It's hot. I love it, and most Brits seem to too. At least, the amount of scantily clad girls and twats with their six packs out seems to confirm this.

Of course, some people don't like the heat, but stuffez vouz, I say to them. It's great. I've been up early these past two days, for no other reason than it was sunny and I wanted to get out in it for a bit.

This lack of laptop malarky is actually not too bad- I've read two books and really got cracking on a novel redraft. Hurrah! That, coupled with the anticipation I'm bursting with for a letter from a dear old friend were enough to pick me up after a few things going wrong yesterday. If that wasn't enough, I had the good fortune yesterday of appeasing the gods. That's right. Instead of being faced by this-



The sun had apparently appeased Zeus and the Odinsons and the spirits of the local and Pendle netherworld, so when I mustered the courage to brave the hostile elements of the laundrette, I got the distinct impression that I was being gazed upon by this guy-



It was an improvement on the last few trips, I can tell you. Something has appeased the washing machine and dryer spirit world; every last item of clothing was bone dry and warm, and smelled of nothing. Great!

Two words to the wise came out of today though- one, don't look back into the sun (yes, Libertines, maybe you were right), it hurts.

Two, if you want to know what it's like to be me (I've no idea why you would, but this disclaimer is here just in case) and you want to take the age old adage on face value by walking a mile in my shoes, don't choose my sandals. Honestly. Walking to town and back gave me a new found love of how my feet were blister free, thank you very much. Right now I'm walking on a cushion of fluid. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment