Sunday 18 July 2010

The Grump and the Gays Days 3 and 4- Hitting the Bigtime.

I was greeted on day 3 with a brilliant product on the desk next to mine.

And ingenious invention called the Cyberskin X7. It's a 'vibrating bum'.

I couldn't take my eyes off of it all morning. Work got very bogged down and hindered with that creepy thing next to me. Anyway, I'm finally settling in (just about time, really, three days into the week). I seem to have become the resident errand boy, for coffee, photocopying and spell checking and grammar checks.

That's all what I thought internships would hold. But- and here's the big but, I've actually got stuff put on the website. The stuff in question being a film review.

It's been a long time coming, but only because I had to 'camp up' my writing a bit. I think it's working. At least, they seme to love what I've done enough to be given the responsibility of attending a big thing that's happening tomorrow somewhere in London and making it news.

I can't tell you what the big thing is, or where it is.

You'll have to look for leading news stories on protests outside the Daily Express. Then you might find out. Also, I got the chance to write news, a style I can do (the editor said it was a hundred percent clearer than the stuff they normally do for news).

There's a brilliant book called the Pope is Not Gay, too, which I had to review.
And they say work isn't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment