Saturday 24 July 2010

The Grump and the Lady-gays: Day four- corporate environment

Well, readers, day four went well.

At the risk of sounding obsessed by floor furnishings, I noticed something odd on the bus today. There's carpet on the seats and a great walkway of it on the cieling. But the rest of the bus (walls, floor, door to the drivers cockpit- which, by the way, he could barely fit inside, let alone the seat) is covered in lino. Lovely.

What is the purpose of it? Is it so that, should the bus flip and precariously balance onto its roof, there's a suitable red carpet laid for a hero to swagger along while carrying an injured single mum, Hollywood final shot style?

Anyway, aside from those musings, the excitement and novelty of working in a genuine magazine office was starting to wear off, almost. I got a few quotes from a nice activist guy called Peter Tatchell about the fact that the Pope probably won't be arrested now, thanks to Ken Clarke. He wasn't happy, to say the least. And besides, the Pope is odd. Eyes of a killer, and is it me or does he look more and more like Emperor Palpatine every time I see him?

I did twig that it's a real business environment today though. And how? Well, a guy turns up every day with a big blue freezer bag and shouts something. I've always had my headphones in when he turns up, but today, I heard him.


"Salad Man! Come and get your salads!"

So he's a corporate food guy. I've hit the big time. He is a bona fide guy, the kind who I've only ever seen on The Apprentice (more accurately, I've seen the apprentices have a go and fail at being one). Huzzah!

Role on my last day. I'm being shown website maintenance tomorrow. Can't actually wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment